top of page
  • Michael Dattolico

Hurricane Season 2021: What’s New?

Another year, another hurricane season, and this one is expected to be a big one. In this article, we’ll look at the current information regarding the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season and what it could mean for you!

Hurricane season takes place from June 1st to November 30th, and according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) it’s going to have quite a bit of activity. The NOAA has predicted this season has a 60% chance of above normal activity, 30% near normal, and 10% below normal. They do say that this year will likely not be as active compared to 2020’s hurricane season. The NOAA estimates that there will be 13-20 named storms (wind speed of 39 mph or more) 6-10 of which could be hurricanes (74 mph or more) where 3-5 could become major category hurricanes.

Hurricane Elsa made landfall near Jacksonville in mid-July, resulting in a casualty and causing damage going up to Georgia. With above average activity this season, it is more important than ever to stay vigilant and prepared. Make sure you have a potential evacuation strategy, supplies, and stay up to date with your local news about any potential hurricane activity coming to your area.

We hope you found this information helpful in getting a sense of what this hurricane season will look like. At AJS, we understand that hurricane season can be a stressful time, and we are here to help in any way we can. Give us a call today for a free consultation and learn how lifting or moving can benefit you and your business!

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page